Sydney - Learn to Fly or Lure Fish
- Western Blue Mountains
- 8-10 hours
* or choose our two-day experience
- Private Fishing Guide
All bait & lures
- Max Numbers:
Blue Mountains - Learn to Fly or Lure Fish
The Blue Mountains are a World Heritage-listed wilderness where ancient rock formations cast their golden glow over vast canyons carpeted in eucalypts. A natural wonderland where waterfalls plummet into valleys clad with rainforest and breathtaking views stretch to the hazy blue horizon.
You'll also be surprised to learn that you don’t need to travel to Tasmania, the Snowy Mountains or New Zealand to catch quality trout. They are here, in Sydney’s backyard! Join our experienced fishing guide and catch quality trout on Sydney's doorstep.
Whether you're an experienced fly fisherman or you've always wanted to learn how to perfect this craft, we've got you covered.
The target species is Rainbow and Brown trout in the pristine waters and dams of the Western Blue Mountains foothills. Choose a day trip or stay overnight in our quality partner hotel close to the fishing action.
There is a certain skill involved with trout fishing and our guide has proven over and over again that his local knowledge and incredible skill results in quality, and sometimes trophy trout.
One Day Package
- The location is Thompsons Creek Dam near the town of Wallerawang, near Lithgow
- Best times in the winter months are morning 630am and afternoon around 3:00pm
- The day starts with an induction which includes the fishing safety plan, rules and regulations of the dam followed by a 10 -15 minute walk to the best location around the dam.
- The tuition segment of the day starts with the guide familiarising the guests with the fishing equipment to be used and the practical basics on casting techniques through to set up of fly line and rigging.
- When the guide feels that the guests are ready, the real action begins as you cast into the cold waters of the dam. Expect to catch rainbow or brown trout.
- Lunch will be provided at around midday and we encourage our guests to supply their own snacks.
- After lunch guests slowing make their way back to the dam's entrance, fishing along the way to arrive back at around 2:30 pm.
Two Day Package
- For the two-day package, day one is replicated and day two has the guests fishing in a different location in an area such as Wallace Lake.
- Here the guests can try catching different varieties of fish such as Australian bass or big redfin perch.
- Accommodation is also arranged for you at Wallerawang as part of the package.
- Catch and cook BBQ
- There are no toilets at the dam but the guide can provide bio-degradable toilet paper and hand sanitiser.