Stradbroke Island Fishing Packages
- Stradbroke Island - near Brisbane
- Half-day / Full-day / Multiple day
- Private indigenous fishing guide
- Transfers to the Island
- All fishing equipment / bait
- Catch and cook
- Indigenous fishing and cooking tuition
- Min Numbers:
- Stradbroke Island Heli Fishing - Fish at Dawn and be back at your desk in Brisbane’s CBD by 11:00am
- Stradbroke Island Full-Day - arrive by helicopter, ferry or private vehicle and experience a day with a private indigenous fishing guide
- Stradbroke Island 2-Day - 2 full days fishing / 2 nights accommodation
- Transfer Options: Helicopter / Vehicle Ferry / Passenger Ferry
Stradbroke Island, just off the coast of Brisbane is home to the Quandamooka people. The Quandamooka have lived in the area for tens of thousands of years. Villages existed around the coastal areas and islands and campsites could be found wherever there was freshwater from creeks or water holes.
This brand-new Aboriginal Fishing Experience will see your guests fly in on a private helicopter or arrive on a vehicle ferry to experience fishing with a Quandamooka Traditional Owner. Half-day, full-day or multiple-day, this experience will focus on fishing and bait collection on the surf beaches of Minjerribah. Learn to fish, cook and flavour your catch with bush-tucker using traditional methods taught by our Quandamooka fishing guide
Eugaries (Pipis) cooked over an open fire and fresh local fish fillets wrapped in a Wattleseed and Lemon Myrtle leaf parcel and baked in a sand oven. This Experience is only available when you join your traditional owner and guide Andrew Watego.
The bait is live and fresh and gathered from Minjerribah shores.
A truly special and unique experience.
What will you catch?
Flathead, whiting, bream, tailor, mullet.